Learn more about British Columbia's new provincial initiative for Internationally Educated Nurses!

Licensing and Registration

Start by applying for your licence to practice as an registered nurse (RN) or registered psychiatric nurse (RPN) from the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Once you have your licence, we will assist you in finding the right employer for you based on where you want to live in BC. Once you are hired, your employer will take care of your immigration status or work permit to enter Canada.


Please click on the links below to find licensing information for your specialty.

Registered Nurses

Learn about what it takes to apply for registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).

Registered Psychiatric Nurses

Details on registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).

Nurses in Specialized Practice

If you are eligible for licensure with the BCCNM, we can then assist you in determining if you meet the requirements necessary to work as a registered nurse in a specialized area of practice in BC. 

Download or view our Nurses Brochure for licensing and immigration information for Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Nurses in Specialized practice.