Role and Facility Information
The Registered Nurse - Operating Room plans and provides direct nursing care to patients/ in the Operating Room in accordance with the unit/program philosophy, competency guidelines, policies, and the CRNBC Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia.
- Assess, record and report the health status of assigned patients to identify and document patient status.
- Collaborate with the nursing team, multi-disciplinary team members, patient and the family to develop and modify a patient care plan, including the flow of care, to address the assessed needs of the individual.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients.
- Evaluate patient response by assessing the effect of the nursing interventions as identified in the care plan and modify interventions as appropriate. Initiate the multidisciplinary team evaluations of patient care, including readiness for discharge.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Operating Room.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program.
- Current, practicing registration with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Recognized Peri-operative Program or recent operating room experience essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts, including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, residents and families.
To learn more and apply, visit: