Role and Facility Information
Closing Date: April 21, 2017
Surrey Memorial Hospital (SMH) is seeking an Orthopedic Surgeon for a transitional shared practice role with a retiring surgeon over an 18 month period, leading to a full time, permanent, independent position.
SMH is a tertiary teaching hospital and Level II trauma center with a very busy Emergency Room. It is affiliated with the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine Division of Orthopedic Surgery (UBC).
The successful applicant will:
- practice in the Surrey area
- perform simple and complex primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- provide trauma coverage on call
- participate in the SMH orthopedic on-call schedule
- share OR time with transitioning surgeon for 18 months then be allocated OR time pursuant to the RAM methodology
- work collaboratively within the hospital environment
- apply for a Clinical Faculty appointment at UBC.
The qualified candidate must:
- hold a FRCS in Orthopedic Surgery
- have completed a fellowship by June 2017 in primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- be eligible for a Full License to practice Orthopedic Surgery in BC
- be eligible for appointment to the clinical faculty of UBC
- have expertise in simple and complex primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- have recent experience in trauma care
- demonstrate technical competence in providing orthopedic care
- have exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Fee for Service
- MOCAP On-Call Payments
For Information about Fraser Health: Fraser Health Physician Website: medicalstaff.fraserhealth.ca/careers/
- Compensation Type