Role and Facility Information
Reporting to the Manager, Critical Care, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Prince George Regional Hospital mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with CRNBC.
- Postgraduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
Wage: $32.33 - $42.45
Northern Health offers:
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive Benefit package
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Outstanding Relocation package for qualified positions
• Employer Paid Vacation
• Employee Referral Program
• Offered through the Federal and BC Government “Loan Forgiveness Programs” see our careers site for more information and eligibility. http://careers.northernhealth.ca/FindaCareer/LoanForgivenessPrograms.aspx