Role and Facility Information
General Duty Nurse – Brachytherapy Perioperative
Reference # 55274
Wage: $32.77 to $43.02 per hour
32900 Marshall Road,
Utilizing theory-based practice, the General Duty Staff Nurse, Radiation Therapy provides nursing care such as patient assessment and patient and family education related to treatment, process and side effects consistent with established policies and standards of care. Provides perioperative nursing care to surgical patients.
Education, Training and Experience
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Graduate of an advanced nursing specialty program in operating room or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current CPR (Level C) certification as well as demonstrated IV skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated relevant clinical knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice.
• Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.