Role and Facility Information
Casual (0.01 FTE)
Wage: $32.77 - $43.02 per hour
BC Cancer Agency,
Utilizing theory-based practice, the Registered Nurse, Radiation Therapy provides nursing care such as patient assessment and patient and family education related to treatment, process and side effects consistent with established policies and standards of care. Provides perioperative nursing care to surgical patients.
• Provides direct patient care by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history and developing a nursing care plan specific to the patient needs. Consults with and/or refers patients to members of other health care disciplines as required.
• Functions as a scrub nurse and/or circulating nurse for surgical and operative procedures in the Brachytherapy Procedure Area.
• Admits, transfers, and discharges patients according to Agency policies and Operating Room and Professional Practice Nursing directives.
• Maintains patient records by collecting and documenting information related to the patient and health care history, nursing observations, telephone communications, symptom and side effect management, patient and family education and care evaluations.
• Assists the patient in interpretation of the treatment plan and ensures patients and families are aware of services available at the Agency and in the community.
Education, Training and Experience
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Graduate of an advanced nursing specialty program in operating room or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current CPR (Level C) certification as well as demonstrated IV skills.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated relevant clinical knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice.
• Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities