Role and Facility Information
Reference # 50141
Regular Part-Time (0.57 FTE)
Wage: $32.77 to $43.02 per hour
BC Children’s Hospital
The Operating Room Nurse provides and coordinates nursing care services such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching and health promotion activities for pediatric patients and their families, consistent with established policies, standards and philosophy at British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital.
Education, Training and Experience
• Successful completion of a post-graduate program in Operating Room Nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• Current practicing CRNBC registration.
• CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level I.
• Successful completion of a post-graduate program in Operating Room Nursing.
Key Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to relate effectively to children and their families.
• Ability to participate as a member of a multidisciplinary care team and function as a nursing resource.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
External applications will be accepted until these positions have been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information about BC Children’s Hospital please visit www.bcchildrens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.