Role and Facility Information
Clinical Nurse Leader – Centre for the North
Reference # 55083
Temporary Full-Time (Until 28 Feb, 2018)
Wage: $38.97 to $47.76 per hour
Work Shifts: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 0830 – 1630 or as operationally required
Centre for the North
1215 Lethbridge Street,
Prince George, BC
The Clinical Nurse Leader provides clinical nursing and administrative support within the Clinical Services. Duties include providing clinical guidance to nursing staff and coordinating the day-to-day operations in designated clinical area.
Education, Training and Experience
• Bachelor of Nursing Degree plus three years recent related clinical nursing experience which includes teaching and leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practising registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Current CPR (level C) certification.
• The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses)
Key Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to provide supervision and work direction
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, time management, organizational, teamwork and team building skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in the provision of clinical care to oncology patients
• Demonstrated teaching, staff development and preceptor skills.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 12, 2017. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.