Role and Facility Information
Registered Nurse – Sunny Hill
Reference # 54104
Regular Part-Time (0.81 FTE)
Wage: $32.33 to $42.45 per hour
3644 Slocan Street
The Registered Nurse provides and coordinates nursing care services such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, and health promotion activities for patients and their families, consistent with established policies, standards, and philosophy of BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH), BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW), and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC).
Education, Training and Experience
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• One year recent related experience in the designated clinical area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses)
Key Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to relate effectively to children and their families and others.
• Ability to function as an active member of multidisciplinary care team.
• Ability to demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
• Ability to organize work
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
• Ability to operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
We invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
External applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.