Role and Facility Information
Outreach Nurse – Clinical Prevention Services
Reference # 53856
3 Temporary Full-Time positions (Until 02 Feb, 2018 and 02 Mar, 2018)
Wage: $32.33 - $42.45 per hour
655 West 12th Avenue,
The Outreach Nurse works in an unstructured environment with vulnerable/marginalized clients and communities, who are at high risk for Communicable Diseases with a focus in STI, Hepatitis, HIV and TB in an effort to prevent and control communicable infections and diseases, and to assess, treat and refer for related and other health conditions. Working in outreach settings, clinical services are provided through education, supportive counselling, screening, evaluation, treatment, follow-up and referral. The Outreach Nurse participates in relevant research, new and ongoing project initiatives, and the development and delivering of educational and program planning.
Education, Training and Experience
• Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CNRBC).
• Graduation from a certified School of Nursing program.
• A minimum of two (2) years recent related nursing experience.
• Venepuncture certification or equivalency.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interviewing skills.
• Broad knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles
• Knowledge in outreach healthcare delivery and community resources
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients, staff and public.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, and deal with conflict.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in working with patients with TB, HIV/STD, Hepatitis C, addiction and/ or mental health in marginalized populations.
• Demonstrated ability in making decisions based on independent judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner as a team member.
• Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
We invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
External applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.bccdc.ca.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities