Health Match BC is experienced in working with both Canadian and international registered nurses. If you require assistance, we can guide you through the registration and immigration process.
The College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) is the provincial regulatory body for all registered nurses in the province. The College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC) is the regulatory organization for all registered psychiatric nurses in British Columbia (BC).
Registration with either College is mandatory prior to working as a registered nurse (RN) in BC. Your education determines which regulatory organization you should register with:
- generalist-prepared registered nurses should apply for registration with the CRNBC.
- generalist-prepared registered nurses with a post-basic certificate in psychiatry or mental health may register with either the CRNBC or the CRPNBC or both.
All RNs must pass the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE) prior to registering with a College in BC.
- Ensure all documents are complete and ready for sending with your registration.
- Ask your references for permission to use their names, and ask them to provide the College with a timely response to all requests.
- Keep a copy of all of your documents and completed forms.
- Record the date sent and the method of sending your paperwork to the College.